TTLP is a program for teens where teens are involved in planning activities on the weekend. The group does a variety of activities: community service, education, and recreation. Activities usually happen once a week on Saturdays. During the summer, activities may take place on a Sunday, or during the week. Recent activities have included everything from DJ Skate Night, sex education, volunteering at the Lunch Box in Poughkeepsie, and making a short film. The assistant works closely with the Teen Program Coordinator and helps the coordinator implement the program activities and models positive behavior for the teens.
• Vary week to week, on average 8 hours per activity, with some special events lasting longer.
• Activities are scheduled at least three times per month, usually on Saturdays
• Some events like Midnight Run (November) and Alternative Spring Break (April) take place over the course of multiple days
• The Teen Team Assistant attends the Teen Team activities and helps implement the program with guidance from the Teen Team Coordinator
• Role models positive behavior
• Talks with teens about difficulties they are facing and refer them to appropriate resources within NECC
• Expected to participate in all activities that they are physically able to do
• Attend monthly teen programming meetings
• May be asked to plan activities for the group to attend
• Communicate well with the Teen Programs Coordinator and the Teen Programs Director
• Will continuously communicate with Teen Programs Coordinator on teens’ behaviors and outside activities that they have knowledge of
• Will be asked to drive a 15 passenger van on occasion
• Ability to maintain patient friendly professional demeanor when dealing with diverse community of volunteers, parents, community members, board members, staff, donors and others
• The ability to responsibly manage confidential and/or sensitive information.
• Models NECC’s values at all times
• Participate in training as needed - including but not limited to Youth Mental Health First Aid, Mandated Reporter Training, CPR and First Aid
• Background check through central database and fingerprinting
Please send a cover letter and resume to Betsey McCall, Teen Program Director, email@example.com